Monday, April 22, 2013

Hospitals and Weddings and Hospitals Again...


I know I've been MIA the last few weeks, but that's because I've been in and out of the hospital three times. They think I may have had a mild heart attack. Well, if they think that's going to stop me, they've got another thing coming!

 
I did miss my sister's bachelorette party, but I still managed make her wedding cake and cupcakes. I had originally planned on starting to make them on Saturday morning (the wedding was on Sunday), but I didn't get discharged from my second 2-day visit until 6pm on Saturday. By the time I got home and got the first batch in the oven, it was 10pm. I baked until 4:30 Sunday morning, slept for 3 hours, then baked the last batch and started icing like a mad woman.

I got it all done and got to the wedding with 15 minutes to spare. It was hectic and crazy and at one point I was in tears in the kitchen shouting that they better find someone else because I couldn't do it. In hindsight, it was pretty funny, but not so much at the time. I ended up back in the hospital for stay #3 two days later, but I think we may finally have it under control. Now I can get back into the swing of things here and keep bringing you my family's favorites, and maybe they'll become your family's favorites.  :-)

P.S. Look for the wedding cake recipe soon!

1 comment:

  1. YOU DID AWESOME! I AM SO PROUD OF YOU LOVE MOM MOM



    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to know what you think about what you've read here today. Lucky for us, someone left this box here for just that purpose...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...