Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Banana Berry Smoothie



I seem to have a new food obsession every few days. I eat something every day (or a couple times a day) until I find something new to drool over. Last week it was mini Triscuits and Garlic and Herb Boursin cheese. This week's fave? Banana Berry Smoothies. I can't get enough! The funny thing is I hate bananas, but the berries make it so worth it.

What are some of your favorite smoothie recipes?

Banana Berry Smoothie
Makes 1 large or 2 small smoothies (about 16 ounces)

What I use:
  • 1 ripe banana
  • 1 c. frozen berry blend (I use strawberry, blueberry, raspberry, and blackberry)
  • 1/2 c. plain greek yogurt
  • 1/2 c. milk
  • 2 Tbsp. honey
Optional add-ins:
  • 2 Tbsp. ground flax seed
  • 1 handful fresh spinach, if you're feeling adventurous - You can't even taste it! This is a great way to sneak some veggies in if you have picky eaters in your house.
How I do it:

Place all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth and creamy.

Strain the seeds if they bother you - I can't stand them.

Repeat daily, or until something better comes along.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to know what you think about what you've read here today. Lucky for us, someone left this box here for just that purpose...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...