Monday, November 26, 2012

Flourless Banana Cookies



Every year for Christmas, I bake cookies for my family. They each get their own little tin filled with several varieties. Some classics, some new and different. This year, one of my sisters asked me for a banana cookie.
 
So I started checking out different recipes, and I really like this one (and so did my three taste testers - 1 child, 2 adults, and one of them doesn't even like bananas!). I found it on Pinterest, but it was one of those posts with a fake link, so I can't give proper credit to the great cook who thought these up.

They are less cookie, more muffin-top-ish. Kind of thick and cake-like, but in a good way. Let me know what you think.

Flourless Banana Cookies
Makes 2 dozen small or 1 dozen medium

What I use:
  • 3 very ripe bananas
  • 1/3 c. applesauce
  • 2 c. quick cooking oats
  • 1/4 c. almond milk
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/2 c. raisins, optional (I left them out this time)
How I do it:

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

2. In a medium bowl, mash the bananas with a fork or potato masher.

3. Add the remaining ingredients and mix until well combined.

4. Use an ice cream scoop (small for small cookies or medium for medium cookies) and dish out the mixture onto parchment-lined baking sheets.

5. Flatten the cookies. They do not spread at all, so you must do this to get nice even cookies. (I spray the bottom of a glass with non-stick cooking spray and press down on each cookie. Spin the glass on the way up so it doesn't take the cookie with it.)

6. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. (I went for 20 to get a nice golden color that you totally can't see because my camera is on strike these days.)

Because of the bananas, I keep these in the fridge. Since there is no added sugar, and it's basically just oatmeal and fruit, I give them to K for breakfast with some eggs.

Do you have any flourless cookie recipes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to know what you think about what you've read here today. Lucky for us, someone left this box here for just that purpose...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...