Monday, November 5, 2012

Cheesy Turkey Meatloaf



See that melty cheese dripping out?
That's perfection on a plate right there.

I followed a pretty standard meatloaf method, but added some cheese inside and barbecue sauce on top. Oh my goodness, it was super yummy - there was only one slice left after we went back for seconds. (Okay, I went back for thirds, but that's nobody's business but my own.)
 

Cheesy Turkey Meatloaf
Makes 4 servings

What I use:
  • 1 lb. ground turkey
  • 1 small onion
  • 1 Tbsp. butter
  • 1/2 c. milk
  • 1 c. Italian bread crumbs (I use whole wheat)
  • 1 egg
  • 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
  • 1 tsp. seasoned salt
  • 3 or 4 dashes Worcestershire sauce
  • 4 ounces cheddar cheese, cut into cubes
  • 2 Tbsp. barbecue sauce
How I do it:

1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

2. Saute the onion in the butter for about 5 minutes, until soft and starting to brown. Set aside to cool.

3. Place the turkey in a large bowl.

4. Add the milk, breadcrumbs, egg, garlic, seasoned salt, Worcestershire sauce, cheese, and onions. Mix until well combined.

5. Transfer the meat mixture to a greased loaf pan and top with barbecue sauce, spreading it evenly across the top.

6. Bake for 1 hour.

7. Let cool / rest for 10 minutes before slicing.

I know people are bitterly divided between serving their meatloaf with macaroni and cheese or mashed potatoes. We serve ours with mashed potatoes and veggies. How do you like yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to know what you think about what you've read here today. Lucky for us, someone left this box here for just that purpose...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...