Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Peanut Butter Kisses

These have always been one of my favorite cookies, but I have never made them before. So when I finally ran across the recipe in the Walgreen's circular the other day, I was shocked at how easy they are. Four ingredients and you're in chocolate peanut butter heaven.

I have to admit, the lack of flour seemed very strange to me, but they turned out just like all the ones that inspired my love for these cookies in the first place. I can't wait to play with the recipe and try a plain sugar cookie base with flavored kisses like mint or those amazing ones that taste like chocolate covered cherries. What do you think would make a good combo?
Peanut Butter Kisses
Makes 3 dozen cookies
What I use:
  • 1 c. creamy peanut butter
  • 1 c. sugar
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 36 Hershey's Kisses
How I do it:

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together the peanut butter, sugar, and egg until well combined.
3. Shape into small balls; place 2 inches apart on a greased cookie sheet.
4. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, depending on how chewy or crisp you like your cookies.
5. Place one Hershey's Kiss on each cookie and press down just a little. The cookies will crack when you do this.
6. Bake for one more minute.
7. Cool on the pan for 2 minutes before removing to a wire cooling rack.
Store in an airtight container for up to one week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to know what you think about what you've read here today. Lucky for us, someone left this box here for just that purpose...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...