Monday, November 5, 2012

Slow Cooker Hawaiian Chicken - 3 Ingredients!


I have a slow cooker. I have a few of them, actually. But I really only use it for two things - chili and pot roast. I know I should use it more because it is so nice to have a home-cooked meal at the end of the day when all I had to do was spend five minutes throwing it together in the morning. So, to bring it out of hibernation, I added "Slow Cooker Thursdays" to the food schedule.

Since then, I have been on the lookout for new recipes to try. I wish I could take credit for this oh-so-easy dinner, but I found it on Pinterest. (Unfortunately, when you click on the blog link, it says that page doesn't exist, but I still link to her blog below.)

Hawaiian Chicken
Adapted from a recipe on shannonhaynes.blogspot.com
Makes 4 to 6 servings

What I use:
  • 4 to 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 1 bottle plain barbecue sauce (I use Naturally Delicious Original flavor - nice and smoky)
  • 1 20oz. can crushed pineapple (I used a can of pineapple rings in their own juice and pulsed it in a food processor a couple times to break the rings down)
 How I do it:

1. Spray the slow cooker insert with cooking spray.

2. Place the chicken breasts in an even layer on the bottom of the slow cooker.

3. Pour the pineapple on top of the chicken.

4. Pour the barbecue sauce on top of the pineapple.

5. Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours, depending on the thickness of your chicken breasts.

6. Shred the chicken in the sauce, or cut it into chunks.

Serve over rice or mashed potatoes, or pile it onto some nice rolls for sandwiches.

The picture doesn't do it justice - it is sooo good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to know what you think about what you've read here today. Lucky for us, someone left this box here for just that purpose...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...