Friday, November 16, 2012

Apple Spice Cake - 3 Ingredients!

If I could eat birthday cake every day, I would. I can't get enough of the stuff. But buying and/or making birthday cake when there is no birthday starts to seem a bit odd after a while.

Family and friends stop by and say things like, "Whose birthday is it?"

Then I say, "Nobody's..."

This is usually followed by awkward silence at the realization by all parties that I am eating a sugar-packed calorie-laden once-a-year treat on a Tuesday afternoon for no apparent reason whatsoever.

After some experimenting, I noticed that if there were no icing involved, it was no longer considered a birthday cake, and no one seemed to care what day of the week it was or how many pieces I had had for breakfast.

So, I present to you, my favorite I-don't-need-icing-so-you-can-eat-me-whenever-you-want cake, which also doubles as I-am-so-easy-you-can-make-me-for-potlucks-or-company-and-people-will-think-you-went-out-of-your-way-when-you-didn't cake.

Apple Spice Cake

What I use:
  • 1 18.25oz. box spice cake mix
  • 1 can apple pie filling
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 c. walnuts or pecans, chopped (optional)
How I do it:

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

2. In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix, pie filling, and eggs (and nuts, if using). Use a wooden spoon if you want to keep the apple pieces large. Or use a mixer if you want them to disappear into the cake.

3. Pour the cake mix into a greased bundt pan.

4. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.

5. Cool for 10 minutes in the pan before inverting onto a plate.

Serve warm, or room temperature.

Eat it any time of the day you want!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to know what you think about what you've read here today. Lucky for us, someone left this box here for just that purpose...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...