Tuesday, September 18, 2012

It's All About the Food

I love food. I love cooking and baking and grocery stores and cookbooks and produce outlets and restaurants and, well, you get the idea.

I was not always this way. I grew up in a "clean plate" house where my sisters and I would sit at the dining room table until our food was gone, or until bedtime, whichever came first. After a while, you just don't really like food anymore - it becomes a chore, not an experience. When I first moved out, I ate simply out of habit. I rarely prepared meals that required more than a microwave and I was terrified of spices. (To this day, I still make my chili with a taco seasoning packet.) To be honest, the thought of spending hours thumbing through cookbooks, comparison shopping for the required ingredients, and then actually cooking a meal that will be eaten and gone in 20 minutes just seemed ridiculous to me.

But then I became a mom. There's something about having kids that forces you to slow down and really learn to pay attention, to live a little, to try new things. Food suddenly became this whole new world for me to conquer and share with my growing family. I love writing weekly menu plans, watching Food Network, reading cookbooks and food magazines, trying new things, and I have not one, but two spice racks! I like to share my own recipes, thoughts about new foods and restaurants, and find the best food around without going broke.

But that's enough chit-chat... Bring on the food!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to know what you think about what you've read here today. Lucky for us, someone left this box here for just that purpose...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...