Tuesday, January 8, 2013

My Absolute Favorite Foods

I throw the word "love" around a lot on here. "I love this food" and "I love that recipe" and "I love, love, love _________ (fill in the blank)!" While it may seem like I am an equal opportunity lover of all things food, there are definitely some clear-cut favorites.

What are they? Well, I'm glad you asked.

Being as food-obsessed as I am, you're probably thinking it's something wonderful and exotic, like some funky cheese you can't pronounce or caviar from a fish you've never heard of or some new ancient grain they just found 34 minutes ago.

Nope, I'm a foodie, not a food snob. Are you sitting down? Brace yourself. You're never going to believe this one.

It's pancakes.

And tacos.

That's it. Forget mashed potatoes and meatloaf and fried chicken and mac & cheese and all those other childhood favorites. Pancakes are the absolute ultimate comfort food and I could eat them every single day and be okay with that. The blog would be a little boring, but we'd manage. There just something about pancakes, stacked high, all warm from the pan with butter and syrup, that just fixes everything that's going wrong in your day. 

As for tacos, well, nothing beats a tortilla that you can stuff with just about anything and call it a meal. Saucy beef or chicken covered in shredded cheddar topped with a mini salad of crunchy lettuce and diced tomatoes all sitting under a ridiculous amount of cool sour cream... come to Mama! (I realize these aren't very healthy options, but neither is your fried chicken and mac & cheese, so we'll just call it even.)

So that's it. Mystery solved. No matter how many times you hear me say "I love blah blah blah", just know that my heart lies with pancakes and tacos.

Do you need more pancakes in your life? Check out my recipe here.

How about tacos? You'll love this.

What foods can't you live without?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to know what you think about what you've read here today. Lucky for us, someone left this box here for just that purpose...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...