Thursday, January 10, 2013

Apple Pie Yogurt



So the organic apples I buy are usually upwards of $8 a bag, and this past weekend, they were on sale for $5.79. Score! However, this means that a lot of my recipes in the next few weeks will be apple-based. If you love apples like we do, come in, take a load off, stay a while. If not, feel free to come back in a few days when I have gotten it all out of my system. This has been a public service announcement.

This is a non-recipe. I am not sharing my top-secret foodie moves here, just throwing some stuff together that I think people might like. And by people, I mean K. And since he is the pickiest eater on the planet, it's usually a pretty safe bet that if he likes it, other people might like it too.

Apple Pie Yogurt Parfait
Makes 1 parfait

What I use:
  • 1 6oz. container vanilla-flavored almond milk yogurt
  • 1 organic Golden Delicious apple, chopped
How I do it:

In the cutest glass you can find, put half the chopped apple in the bottom of the cup (you can't see it, but it's there, I promise). Pour half the yogurt over the apples. Sprinkle half the granola on the yogurt. Repeat - apple, yogurt, granola. Eat!

You can layer it into a glass and make it look pretty like the pic at the top,
or you can mix it all up in a bowl like this - K likes it this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to know what you think about what you've read here today. Lucky for us, someone left this box here for just that purpose...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...