Thursday, January 17, 2013

Maple Apple Pork Chops


I am always looking for new ways to dress up pork chops. I buy the nice thin ones that cook up in no time and everybody loves them. Sometimes I pan-fry them, sometimes I bread and bake them, sometimes I throw them in the crock pot. But I wanted to try something new. Since K doesn't like applesauce but loves apples, this was a winner.

Maple Apple Pork Chops
Makes 4
(Adapted from Depression-Era Recipes)

What I use:
  • 4 pork chops
  • Italian seasoning
  • Salt
  • 2 Tbsp. butter
  • 1 medium Golden Delicious apple, peeled and sliced
  • 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
  • 1/2 Tbsp. lemon juice
How I do it:

1. In a large skillet, melt half the butter over medium heat.

2. Sprinkle the pork chops with the Italian seasoning and salt.

3. Add the pork chops to the pan and cook until they are browned on both sides and no longer pink inside.

4. Remove from pan and set aside. Cover with foil to keep warm.

5. Melt the other half of the butter in the pan.

6. Add the apples and cook for about a minute.

7. Add the maple syrup and lemon juice and cook for 2 more minutes, until the apples are softened but not falling apart.

7. Pour the apples over the pork chops and serve.

Note: If you want your sauce to be dripping off the pork, add a splash of water.

I love meat and fruit combos like this. Another favorite around here is pineapples and chicken. What does your family like?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to know what you think about what you've read here today. Lucky for us, someone left this box here for just that purpose...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...