Monday, January 7, 2013

Quick Cinnamon Rolls


When I made the breadsticks for the red lentil soup, I had some dough leftover that wouldn't fit on the pan. I didn't want to just throw it away, so I made some quick cinnamon rolls with it. These are not those fluffy cinnamon rolls you get from the mall, but they were a decent little dessert after our very savory french dinner.

Quick Cinnamon Rolls

What I use:
For the icing: 
  • 1/4 c. milk
  • 1 c. powdered sugar
  • 1/2 tsp. vanilla
How I do it:

1. Lay out the dough sticks on a floured surface.

2. Spread butter all over the top of the dough.

3. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.

4. Roll up and place in a cake pan sprayed with baking spray.

5. Cover with a towel and let rise for 20 minutes in a warm place.

6. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until 190 degrees F internally.

7. In a small bowl, whisk together the milk, powdered sugar, and vanilla.

8. Dip the cinnamon rolls in the icing and let cool on a wire rack.

The icing will be very sticky at first, but it will dry if you let it sit for about 30 minutes. (Dry icing makes them easier for storing and travel.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to know what you think about what you've read here today. Lucky for us, someone left this box here for just that purpose...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...