Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year's Eve!

I hate New Year's Resolutions. I always make them, and somewhere around January 23rd, I'm over it. It doesn't matter how good my intentions were that year, it just never works for me. So, a few years ago, I made a resolution to end all resolutions. Yes, I resolved to never make another resolution, and guess what? It's the only one I have ever stuck to!

But alas, old habits die hard, and here we are. I'm going to do it. Not only am I going to make a resolution, but I am going to stick to it. Having all you lovely people as my witnesses should help me hang in there this time. Plus, choosing things I really care about will probably make it a little easier as well.

This year, I am going to:

     1. Exercise a little every day (beyond the constant housekeeping and daily trips up and down the stairs to do the never-ending laundry)

     2. Buy organic as much as possible - fruits, veggies, anything that has an organic option
(I recently read that a sample of grapes had over 60 different pesticides on it!)

     3. Go green(er) - household cleaners, recycled items, etc.

     4. Make more things from scratch (taco seasoning, tortillas, dressings, cakes, etc.)

     5. Move towards a Real Food lifestyle

     6. Make a big pot of soup and homemade bread every Sunday (for Sunday's dinner and quick lunches throughout the week)

     7. Grow a totally kick-butt garden - I used to have one, but I skipped it the last two years

I realize I probably should have made a slightly smaller list after my 5-year hiatus from the resolution scene, but oh well. We'll see how it goes.

What are your New Year's Resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to know what you think about what you've read here today. Lucky for us, someone left this box here for just that purpose...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...