Monday, October 8, 2012

Cheesy Chunky Veggie Soup


I love broccoli. I love cheese. I love broccoli and cheese. Unfortunately, one cannot live on broccoli and cheese alone, so I figured a few extra veggies could help balance things out in this super-yummy soup. Perfect for chilly nights!


Cheesy Chunky Veggie Soup
Makes 6 servings

What I use:
  • 2 Tbsp. butter
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
  • 4 c. chicken broth
  • 2 large baking potatoes, chopped
  • 2 Tbsp. flour (I like Wondra)
  • 1/2 c. water
  • 1/2 c. milk
  • 1 12oz. bag frozen California Blend veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots)
  • 1 lb. cheddar cheese, shredded
How I do it:

1. In a large soup pot, melt the butter. Add the onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.

2. Add the garlic and cook for another minute or two.

3. Add the chicken broth and potatoes. Bring to a boil and cook until the potatoes are almost
tender.

4. Mix the flour and water together and add to the pot. Stir until thickened.

5. Add the milk and frozen veggies and simmer for about 5 minutes.

6. Add the cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until all the cheese is melted.

Serve hot. This would be perfect in a bread bowl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to know what you think about what you've read here today. Lucky for us, someone left this box here for just that purpose...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...