Monday, October 8, 2012

Frozen PB&J Banana Bites


We used grape jelly, which turned the PB&J part a very deep color.

I bought a big bunch of bananas last week for my daily Banana-Berry Smoothies and Peaches and Cream Smoothies. Unfortunately, I ended up in the hospital for a few days and when I came home, a sad set of bananas were waiting for me on the counter. I had to do something pronto. Since my son loves peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, I thought I'd give this a try. They are awesome! The bananas are so creamy because they are frozen and the peanut butter gives a nice little hit of protein. You could also skip the jelly and just do PB bites, or skip that too and use Nutella. Mmmm, Nutella...

Frozen PB&J Banana Bites

What I use:
  • 2 bananas
  • 2 Tbsp. all-natural peanut butter
  • 2 Tbsp. all-natural fruit spread, any flavor
How I do it:

1. Peel the bananas and slice them into 1/4 inch rounds.

2. Place half of the slices on a small waxed paper-lined cookie sheet.

3. Mix the peanut butter and jelly together in a small bowl and put into a small zip-top bag.

4. Snip off the corner of the bag and squeeze some PB&J onto each banana slice.

5. Put the remaining banana slices on top, making little "sandwiches".

6. Freeze for 1 to 2 hours, or until solid. Transfer to a freezer bag for up to one week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to know what you think about what you've read here today. Lucky for us, someone left this box here for just that purpose...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...