Monday, March 25, 2013

2013 Kitchen Bucket List

Over the years, I have definitely grown more comfortable in the kitchen, but there are still a few foods that intimidate me. This year, I plan to tackle them all. Let me know if you see any good recipes for them so I have somewhere to start. Thanks!

My 2013 Kitchen Bucket List:

  • cheese wontons
  • crab rangoon
  • beef bourguignon
  • sticky buns
  • cinnamon rolls
  • biscotti (I made this! Check out my Cinnamon Vanilla Biscotti)
  • souffles - cheese, chocolate
  • fried chicken (I made this! Recipe coming soon!)
  • something with puff pastry (I finally bought it the other day, but it's still sitting in the freezer mocking me!)
  • stuffing (I was a Stove Top girl until we switched over to real food)
  • pudding
  • pickles (I made this! Recipe coming soon!)

What foods have you been dying to make but haven't gotten up the nerve?


I also have some foods that I have made using various recipes and my own techniques, but I wasn't in love with the final product, no matter how many times and ways I tried it. I plan to perfect these this year:


  • pie crust (it never comes out flaky and tasty - always one or the other)
  • macaroni and cheese (the cheese is gritty, the sauce isn't cheesy enough)
  • rolled stuffed breaded chicken (the outside is dry by the time the inside is cooked)
  • fudge (I cheat with a 2-ingredient recipe right now)

Which recipes give you a hard time?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to know what you think about what you've read here today. Lucky for us, someone left this box here for just that purpose...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...