Friday, March 8, 2013

The Best Chicken Salad



Arby's sells amazing chicken salad. You can get it on bread or wrapped up in a tortilla. It has grapes and nuts and a tangy sweetness that keeps you coming back for more. Then Arby's closed. Well, the one near my house closed. The next closest one is almost an hour away. I had to figure out how to duplicate this awesomeness at home, and I finally nailed it. It's a little different, and I think it might actually be better than the original. I could eat this every single day and be a very happy Mama. Let me know what you think.


The Best Chicken Salad
Makes 1

What I use:

  • 1/2 c. cooked shredded chicken (I poach mine)
  • 1/4 c. grated apple (I used a Gala - use any sweet apple you like)
  • 1/4 c. grated carrot
  • 1/4 c. grated cucumber
  • 2 Tbsp. chopped pecans
  • 2 Tbsp. mayo
  • 2 Tbsp. plain yogurt
  • 1 soft taco sized whole wheat tortilla

How I do it:

1. Place the shredded chicken in a bowl. Add the apple, carrot, and cucumber.



2. Mix the mayo and yogurt in a small bowl.



3. Add the yogurt sauce and chopped nuts to the bowl.



4. Mix everything up.



5. Scoop the chicken salad onto the tortilla, leaving room for folding.



6. Fold the bottom up over the filling, the fold the sides over. Enjoy!




The family says:

  • Nothing really. I made this for myself when K was at school. 
  • Andrew took a bite and said it was "good, but not my thing" (him and vegetables are not BFFs).
  • I think I explained myself pretty well at the beginning, don't you?


What are your favorite add-ins for chicken salad?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to know what you think about what you've read here today. Lucky for us, someone left this box here for just that purpose...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...