Monday, February 18, 2013

Ranch Dip and Dressing


I never have fresh herbs on hand. It usually goes something like this... I read recipe after recipe and see show after show highlighting food I would love to create in my kitchen, but it seems like they all require fresh herbs. So I put them on the grocery list, I buy them, I bring them home, and then... nothing. I can't remember what in the world I wanted them for and they languish in the fridge until they die. Just this afternoon, I threw away some rosemary that had turned black. And three seconds later I remembered that I never did make that Rosemary Focaccia I had been craving.

Long story short, this recipe uses dried herbs. You know, the ones everyone has in their pantry at all times. But if you manage to make it to the store and back again while still remembering why you bought the darn things, feel free to use fresh herbs by doubling their amounts below.

Ranch Dip and Dressing
Makes 1 cup dip or 1+ cup dressing

What I use:
  • 1/2 c. plain yogurt (regular or Greek)
  • 1/4 c. sour cream
  • 1/4 c. mayonnaise
  • 2 Tbsp. parsley
  • 1 Tbsp. chives
  • 1 tsp. dill
  • 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1 1/2 tsp. onion powder
  • 2 tsp. yellow mustard
  • 1/4 to 1/2 cup milk, if making dressing instead of dip

How I do it:

For dip - Place all ingredients except milk in a bowl and whisk until smooth and blended.

For dressing - Follow the directions for making the dip, then whisk in 1/4 - 1/2 c. milk until it reaches the consistency your family likes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to know what you think about what you've read here today. Lucky for us, someone left this box here for just that purpose...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...